Happy holidays from Sweet-n-style!!! Wishing you all the best for this festive season and a big thank you to all my readers! Enjoy this precious time with your loved ones! Joyeux Noël! Feliz Navidad! Feliz Natal! Hasta la proxima, Catherine … Continue reading
Holiday parties are coming up very soon with Christmas and New Year’s Eve just around the corner. Don’t worry if you haven’t bought something to wear yet, there’s plenty of sales in stores, and you can definitely wear something you already have and just add a new accessory to make a little change to it. The best advice I can give you is to wear something classy and comfortable that goes along with your personality whither you are more conservative or funky. Here are some trendy ideas for this season!
1. Asymmetrical pencil skirt.
One of the biggest trend in the skirt department is the asymmetrical skirt which means that the length is not even all around. I really like the pencil skirt since it has a more structured shape. Wear it with a blouse or a cute top. Don’t forget to choose one that has an appropriate length, a little above the knee!
2. Sweater dress.
Hesitating between wearing a sweater or a dress? Go for the sweater dress! It’s super modern, comfortable and totally chic! Don’t forget to add some nice statement pieces of jewellery to make this outfit stand out!
The heel of the season? The shootie! It is a mix between a bootie and a shoe since it is all closed up and it doesn’t go above the ankle. Choose some black or grey ones that are universal and go with every one of your outfits! Plus, they are super comfy!
4. High waist pants.
High waist pants will make your legs look longer and leaner, and with a silk fabric, they are absolutely perfect for the occasion. Add a blazer, a cardigan or a blouse to complete the outfit!
5. Burgundy nails.
For this season, I would go for burgundy nails, since it is a glamorous version of the traditional Christmas red. I would also go for royal blue, grey, and pale pink.
Happy holidays everyone! Thanks for reading!
I’m back on sweetnstyle after a very long break from blogging! I’ve missed it a lot and I have plenty of new ideas for articles. I hope you’ll be reading and enjoying them!
To start the Holiday season right, I have made a top 10 list I want to accomplish this very merry season. Create your own or get inspired by mine!
1. Hot chocolate and reading. There’s nothing better during a cold snowy day than drinking a hot chocolate while reading an amazing novel surrounded by pillows and blankets.
2. Holiday shopping. While some people hate Christmas shopping (because of the oh-too-many people running around), I particularly like the ambiance of holiday shopping because of all the decorations, the Christmas music and do I need to mention the sales?
3. Cooking cookies and bouchées. Family cooking is one tradition I like to keep. Souvenirs are made while making chocolate chip cookies and delicious hors-d’oeuvres (olive tapenade roulés or cheese soufflés). And… cookie dough, yes two words are enough to convince you!
4. Walking in Montreal’s Old Port. During Christmas time, the Old Port is absolutely stunning with colorful lights, trees and all kinds of decorations. The art galleries, the churches, the fancy restaurants, the chic bars, the neighborhood contains a je ne sais quoi that is magical. Dress up warmly and go for a long walk.
5. Going out to new places. I want to discover new bars and clubs with my friends and celebrate the hard work we did this past year.
6. Melting pot with friends. This season, my friends and I want to make ourselves a supper at a friend’s house and everyone will contribute with a meal or something to drink. It’s a great way to share different meals and enjoy each other.
7. Go to the movie theater. It’s been a very long time since I’ve been to the movie theater and it’s a great activity for cold days. My bestfriend and I want to see About time featuring Rachel Mcadams.
8. Put on that party dress. It’s that time of year to dress up, accessorize and try new outfits to those awesome parties and family and friends gatherings!
9. Coffee with friends. Catch up on what’s going on in your friends’ life by grabbing a hot chocolate or a latte at a coffee shop. Plus, holiday season is the time to share and be grateful for everyone in our life.
10. Maybe not that fun, but cleaning… Yes it’s a new season and the end of 2013 so it’s time to go through my wardrobe and see what I can wear this season and what essentials I need to buy to pair with the items I already have. It’s also time to clean my desk, my room and to reorganize everything to start off 2014 on the right foot.
I’m glad to be back! Happy holidays! Joyeuses fêtes à tout le monde!