I have recently discovered a YouTube Channel by Casey Neistat that is super original, well filmed, and fun to watch. Casey Neistat is a movie producer who posts Vlogs to YouTube everyday. He lives in the busy city of New … Continue reading
I’m back on sweetnstyle after a very long break from blogging! I’ve missed it a lot and I have plenty of new ideas for articles. I hope you’ll be reading and enjoying them!
To start the Holiday season right, I have made a top 10 list I want to accomplish this very merry season. Create your own or get inspired by mine!
1. Hot chocolate and reading. There’s nothing better during a cold snowy day than drinking a hot chocolate while reading an amazing novel surrounded by pillows and blankets.
2. Holiday shopping. While some people hate Christmas shopping (because of the oh-too-many people running around), I particularly like the ambiance of holiday shopping because of all the decorations, the Christmas music and do I need to mention the sales?
3. Cooking cookies and bouchées. Family cooking is one tradition I like to keep. Souvenirs are made while making chocolate chip cookies and delicious hors-d’oeuvres (olive tapenade roulés or cheese soufflés). And… cookie dough, yes two words are enough to convince you!
4. Walking in Montreal’s Old Port. During Christmas time, the Old Port is absolutely stunning with colorful lights, trees and all kinds of decorations. The art galleries, the churches, the fancy restaurants, the chic bars, the neighborhood contains a je ne sais quoi that is magical. Dress up warmly and go for a long walk.
5. Going out to new places. I want to discover new bars and clubs with my friends and celebrate the hard work we did this past year.
6. Melting pot with friends. This season, my friends and I want to make ourselves a supper at a friend’s house and everyone will contribute with a meal or something to drink. It’s a great way to share different meals and enjoy each other.
7. Go to the movie theater. It’s been a very long time since I’ve been to the movie theater and it’s a great activity for cold days. My bestfriend and I want to see About time featuring Rachel Mcadams.
8. Put on that party dress. It’s that time of year to dress up, accessorize and try new outfits to those awesome parties and family and friends gatherings!
9. Coffee with friends. Catch up on what’s going on in your friends’ life by grabbing a hot chocolate or a latte at a coffee shop. Plus, holiday season is the time to share and be grateful for everyone in our life.
10. Maybe not that fun, but cleaning… Yes it’s a new season and the end of 2013 so it’s time to go through my wardrobe and see what I can wear this season and what essentials I need to buy to pair with the items I already have. It’s also time to clean my desk, my room and to reorganize everything to start off 2014 on the right foot.
I’m glad to be back! Happy holidays! Joyeuses fêtes à tout le monde!
Yes, this is a question you probably ask yourself sometimes before going to a cocktail party, a family dinner or any other occasion. Sometimes it can be confusing to know what to wear and it can be hard to know what’s appropriate for the activity you’re planning on doing. Of course everybody has their own personal style, but here are some options I suggest for different occasion. It’s summer and that means a bunch of activities are at your door!
1. Pool party. With the beautiful and warm weather and a bunch of friends, a pool party is a fun way to enjoy summer. Put on that new bikini of yours (or a one-piece if you feel more comfortable) and cover up with a fun and simple dress. Big sunglasses and flip flops are a must! Try some trendy nail polish, like coral or teal!
2. Happy hour. Going for a drink with some colleagues after work or catching up with some friends during a 5 à 7? High waist shorts with a nice blouse, some low simple heels and jewellery are the key items to a sophisticated yet simple look, perfect to grab some drinks and maybe go for tapas afterwards, why not?
3. Family dinner. Grandparents, uncles, aunts or even a dinner with your boyfriend’s family? Go for something chic and traditional like a black a-line dress. Add a belt for some structure and beautiful dangling earrings and you’ll be feminine and classy.
4. Going to a festival. Summer is festival season! Grab your favorite pair of denim shorts, add a belt, a striped tee (go for blue and white stripes for a nautical vibe), a leather jacket (for those colder nights) and some edgy sandals and you’re ready to rock the streets! Don’t forget those retro sunglasses.
5. Club night with the girls. Ready to dance the night away? Forget the spandex and the too-tight dresses that are just so unflattering and uncomfortable! Show just enough skin with a back cut out dress that has patterns or bright colors. Go for a halter top dress or a criss-cross back, both will be sexy, but still classy. Nice reasonable height heels (you want to dance, remember?) and let your hair loose or try a very high ponytail tail!
I really hope you’ll enjoy every moment of this wonderful summer. Take every opportunity that passes next to you and see the people you love and admire. My last fashion advice would be to have fun with your outfits but remember to stay classy and respectful to yourself.