After Bohemian May (https://sweetnstyle.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/bohemian-may/) comes Pop of color in June! The boho vibe is still very present, but this month we are adding key pieces and accessories to our outfits that are bright and which scream summer! Coral pink, mint green, bright orange and … Continue reading
July just started which means plenty of summer events will be at your door. It’s warm and sunny outside, it’s the perfect weather to wear all your summer clothes. Magazines are full of new trends, but before buying new items, I suggest you to do a big wardrobe cleaning and organization to see what you have and discover old pieces that you had forgotten about. I just did mine and I discovered pieces I didn’t wore that I will incorporate to my looks this summer. With the summer still at its beginning, maybe you’ve gotten a wedding invitation, maybe you’re going to Osheaga or to music festivals, maybe you’re planning a pool party, maybe you’re wondering what to wear to all of those incredible events. Here are some suggestions of outfits according to the event!
1. Attending a wedding.
You’ve sent your answer and your meal choice, but now you need to plan your outfit. A sacred rule is to not wear white, and I totally agree. Leave the bride shine! I would suggest going with a A-line dress (fitted at the top and open (skater skirt) at the bottom) which is cute, romantic and feminine. If you’re more classic, go with light colors, like light pink, green or blue. If you’re more daring, go with royal blue, purple or red. Another great option is to wear a maxi dress. I love the ones that have a slit on the side so it’s easier to walk and you can still show your legs. Add a statement necklace, dangling earrings, bracelets, rings and nice classy heels.
2. Pool party.
Whether you’re planning a pool party or attending one, it’s one of those events that screams SUMMER. Wear your swimsuit (bikini or one-piece) under a light, simple and loose dress that’s easy to remove and put on. Go wild with colors and patterns! If you’re not feeling the dress, wear jeans shorts with a tank top or t-shirt. Bright nail polish on toes and finger nails adds a fun touch also. Don’t forget the sangria and the shades!
3. Girls’ night out.
Hitting the dance floor tonight? Be classy and don’t wear inappropriate clothing. So many people do the error of choosing tight and slutty outfits that don’t flatter their silhouette. I recommend a pencil skirt (a simple black one or one with patterns) and a peplum top (very trendy!) It’s a classic look which is sexy and trendy and it gives a nice figure. I also recommend chic high-waist shorts with a colorful top (royal blue, deep green, orange). Of course, a nice, sexy and simple dress is always a good option for an amazing night! Simple jewelry, lip stick, mascara and.. am I hearing the dance floor call my name?
More Summer Events with Style are coming up! Keep in touch (Share and Like!) with the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sweetnstyleblog and the Instagram account: @beaudrycath
Yes, it’s 2013! Happy new year to every one that reads my blog! I appreciate it so much! Merci beaucoup 🙂
This year will bring hopes, challenges and many unforgettable moments. Many of you might have made some resolutions and I think one of them could be to continue or become stylish and let your personality shine through your outfits. They are so many trends out there but the important thing is to stay true to who you are and to try to incorporate new things to your style. Here’s how to wear certain key pieces different ways.
1. The pencil skirt. Elegant and structured, this is a key item in your wardrobe. With a silk blouse on top and gorgeous heels, it’s superbly chic. With an original top, a leather or jeans jacket and booties, it has a modern edge. With a big sweater, opaque tights and flats, it’s laid-back and casual.
2. The bright chunky knit. This item has the comfortable and warm fabrics you need in winter and embraces spring with the bright colors. It’s a great piece to end winter with and start spring. With a black skirt, a statement necklace, amazing jewelry and pumps, it’s totally urban chic. You can also pair it with some pale jeans and some sneakers for a sporty and casual look.
3. The expandable sides bag. These expandable sides are more for the look than the utility, but it makes the bag look even bigger! Those bags are everywhere on the runways. Some models are chic and others are more casual, choose the one you prefer!
4. The leather jacket. Always known for its edgy rock feel, this item can be played different ways. With dark jeans, silver jewelry and sexy heels, it’s extremely sexy and daring. With some ripped jeans, a white tank top and some edgy jewelry, it’s urban rock. It can really go with everything especially if you choose a black one.
5. The oxblood lipstick. It’s seen EVERYWHERE! It’s chic and glamorous, it’s the new red. For a more vamp look, go for darker hues.
6. The shirt belt. Over a large cardigan or sweater, adding a belt adds structure. Over a black sweater, add a pop of color with a slim bright belt. Over a colorful shirt, add a black or grey belt and you have a very polished look.
Have a stylish year!