The weather is getting warmer here in Montreal, but unfortunately some days and some nights are still chilly and a tank top and shorts just don’t work. I’ve been working late nights and when I step outside at night I … Continue reading
Yes, this is a question you probably ask yourself sometimes before going to a cocktail party, a family dinner or any other occasion. Sometimes it can be confusing to know what to wear and it can be hard to know what’s appropriate for the activity you’re planning on doing. Of course everybody has their own personal style, but here are some options I suggest for different occasion. It’s summer and that means a bunch of activities are at your door!
1. Pool party. With the beautiful and warm weather and a bunch of friends, a pool party is a fun way to enjoy summer. Put on that new bikini of yours (or a one-piece if you feel more comfortable) and cover up with a fun and simple dress. Big sunglasses and flip flops are a must! Try some trendy nail polish, like coral or teal!
2. Happy hour. Going for a drink with some colleagues after work or catching up with some friends during a 5 à 7? High waist shorts with a nice blouse, some low simple heels and jewellery are the key items to a sophisticated yet simple look, perfect to grab some drinks and maybe go for tapas afterwards, why not?
3. Family dinner. Grandparents, uncles, aunts or even a dinner with your boyfriend’s family? Go for something chic and traditional like a black a-line dress. Add a belt for some structure and beautiful dangling earrings and you’ll be feminine and classy.
4. Going to a festival. Summer is festival season! Grab your favorite pair of denim shorts, add a belt, a striped tee (go for blue and white stripes for a nautical vibe), a leather jacket (for those colder nights) and some edgy sandals and you’re ready to rock the streets! Don’t forget those retro sunglasses.
5. Club night with the girls. Ready to dance the night away? Forget the spandex and the too-tight dresses that are just so unflattering and uncomfortable! Show just enough skin with a back cut out dress that has patterns or bright colors. Go for a halter top dress or a criss-cross back, both will be sexy, but still classy. Nice reasonable height heels (you want to dance, remember?) and let your hair loose or try a very high ponytail tail!
I really hope you’ll enjoy every moment of this wonderful summer. Take every opportunity that passes next to you and see the people you love and admire. My last fashion advice would be to have fun with your outfits but remember to stay classy and respectful to yourself.
Yes, it’s 2013! Happy new year to every one that reads my blog! I appreciate it so much! Merci beaucoup 🙂
This year will bring hopes, challenges and many unforgettable moments. Many of you might have made some resolutions and I think one of them could be to continue or become stylish and let your personality shine through your outfits. They are so many trends out there but the important thing is to stay true to who you are and to try to incorporate new things to your style. Here’s how to wear certain key pieces different ways.
1. The pencil skirt. Elegant and structured, this is a key item in your wardrobe. With a silk blouse on top and gorgeous heels, it’s superbly chic. With an original top, a leather or jeans jacket and booties, it has a modern edge. With a big sweater, opaque tights and flats, it’s laid-back and casual.
2. The bright chunky knit. This item has the comfortable and warm fabrics you need in winter and embraces spring with the bright colors. It’s a great piece to end winter with and start spring. With a black skirt, a statement necklace, amazing jewelry and pumps, it’s totally urban chic. You can also pair it with some pale jeans and some sneakers for a sporty and casual look.
3. The expandable sides bag. These expandable sides are more for the look than the utility, but it makes the bag look even bigger! Those bags are everywhere on the runways. Some models are chic and others are more casual, choose the one you prefer!
4. The leather jacket. Always known for its edgy rock feel, this item can be played different ways. With dark jeans, silver jewelry and sexy heels, it’s extremely sexy and daring. With some ripped jeans, a white tank top and some edgy jewelry, it’s urban rock. It can really go with everything especially if you choose a black one.
5. The oxblood lipstick. It’s seen EVERYWHERE! It’s chic and glamorous, it’s the new red. For a more vamp look, go for darker hues.
6. The shirt belt. Over a large cardigan or sweater, adding a belt adds structure. Over a black sweater, add a pop of color with a slim bright belt. Over a colorful shirt, add a black or grey belt and you have a very polished look.
Have a stylish year!