Hello summertime! We just started summer officially yesterday, 21st of June! Weather is warm and sunny, what can we ask more? A major trend in many stores this summer are fringes. They are simply everywhere: summer dresses, light cardigans, swimsuits, … Continue reading
July just started which means plenty of summer events will be at your door. It’s warm and sunny outside, it’s the perfect weather to wear all your summer clothes. Magazines are full of new trends, but before buying new items, I suggest you to do a big wardrobe cleaning and organization to see what you have and discover old pieces that you had forgotten about. I just did mine and I discovered pieces I didn’t wore that I will incorporate to my looks this summer. With the summer still at its beginning, maybe you’ve gotten a wedding invitation, maybe you’re going to Osheaga or to music festivals, maybe you’re planning a pool party, maybe you’re wondering what to wear to all of those incredible events. Here are some suggestions of outfits according to the event!
1. Attending a wedding.
You’ve sent your answer and your meal choice, but now you need to plan your outfit. A sacred rule is to not wear white, and I totally agree. Leave the bride shine! I would suggest going with a A-line dress (fitted at the top and open (skater skirt) at the bottom) which is cute, romantic and feminine. If you’re more classic, go with light colors, like light pink, green or blue. If you’re more daring, go with royal blue, purple or red. Another great option is to wear a maxi dress. I love the ones that have a slit on the side so it’s easier to walk and you can still show your legs. Add a statement necklace, dangling earrings, bracelets, rings and nice classy heels.
2. Pool party.
Whether you’re planning a pool party or attending one, it’s one of those events that screams SUMMER. Wear your swimsuit (bikini or one-piece) under a light, simple and loose dress that’s easy to remove and put on. Go wild with colors and patterns! If you’re not feeling the dress, wear jeans shorts with a tank top or t-shirt. Bright nail polish on toes and finger nails adds a fun touch also. Don’t forget the sangria and the shades!
3. Girls’ night out.
Hitting the dance floor tonight? Be classy and don’t wear inappropriate clothing. So many people do the error of choosing tight and slutty outfits that don’t flatter their silhouette. I recommend a pencil skirt (a simple black one or one with patterns) and a peplum top (very trendy!) It’s a classic look which is sexy and trendy and it gives a nice figure. I also recommend chic high-waist shorts with a colorful top (royal blue, deep green, orange). Of course, a nice, sexy and simple dress is always a good option for an amazing night! Simple jewelry, lip stick, mascara and.. am I hearing the dance floor call my name?
More Summer Events with Style are coming up! Keep in touch (Share and Like!) with the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sweetnstyleblog and the Instagram account: @beaudrycath
Yes, this is a question you probably ask yourself sometimes before going to a cocktail party, a family dinner or any other occasion. Sometimes it can be confusing to know what to wear and it can be hard to know what’s appropriate for the activity you’re planning on doing. Of course everybody has their own personal style, but here are some options I suggest for different occasion. It’s summer and that means a bunch of activities are at your door!
1. Pool party. With the beautiful and warm weather and a bunch of friends, a pool party is a fun way to enjoy summer. Put on that new bikini of yours (or a one-piece if you feel more comfortable) and cover up with a fun and simple dress. Big sunglasses and flip flops are a must! Try some trendy nail polish, like coral or teal!
2. Happy hour. Going for a drink with some colleagues after work or catching up with some friends during a 5 à 7? High waist shorts with a nice blouse, some low simple heels and jewellery are the key items to a sophisticated yet simple look, perfect to grab some drinks and maybe go for tapas afterwards, why not?
3. Family dinner. Grandparents, uncles, aunts or even a dinner with your boyfriend’s family? Go for something chic and traditional like a black a-line dress. Add a belt for some structure and beautiful dangling earrings and you’ll be feminine and classy.
4. Going to a festival. Summer is festival season! Grab your favorite pair of denim shorts, add a belt, a striped tee (go for blue and white stripes for a nautical vibe), a leather jacket (for those colder nights) and some edgy sandals and you’re ready to rock the streets! Don’t forget those retro sunglasses.
5. Club night with the girls. Ready to dance the night away? Forget the spandex and the too-tight dresses that are just so unflattering and uncomfortable! Show just enough skin with a back cut out dress that has patterns or bright colors. Go for a halter top dress or a criss-cross back, both will be sexy, but still classy. Nice reasonable height heels (you want to dance, remember?) and let your hair loose or try a very high ponytail tail!
I really hope you’ll enjoy every moment of this wonderful summer. Take every opportunity that passes next to you and see the people you love and admire. My last fashion advice would be to have fun with your outfits but remember to stay classy and respectful to yourself.