The weather is getting warmer here in Montreal, but unfortunately some days and some nights are still chilly and a tank top and shorts just don’t work. I’ve been working late nights and when I step outside at night I … Continue reading
July just started which means plenty of summer events will be at your door. It’s warm and sunny outside, it’s the perfect weather to wear all your summer clothes. Magazines are full of new trends, but before buying new items, I suggest you to do a big wardrobe cleaning and organization to see what you have and discover old pieces that you had forgotten about. I just did mine and I discovered pieces I didn’t wore that I will incorporate to my looks this summer. With the summer still at its beginning, maybe you’ve gotten a wedding invitation, maybe you’re going to Osheaga or to music festivals, maybe you’re planning a pool party, maybe you’re wondering what to wear to all of those incredible events. Here are some suggestions of outfits according to the event!
1. Attending a wedding.
You’ve sent your answer and your meal choice, but now you need to plan your outfit. A sacred rule is to not wear white, and I totally agree. Leave the bride shine! I would suggest going with a A-line dress (fitted at the top and open (skater skirt) at the bottom) which is cute, romantic and feminine. If you’re more classic, go with light colors, like light pink, green or blue. If you’re more daring, go with royal blue, purple or red. Another great option is to wear a maxi dress. I love the ones that have a slit on the side so it’s easier to walk and you can still show your legs. Add a statement necklace, dangling earrings, bracelets, rings and nice classy heels.
2. Pool party.
Whether you’re planning a pool party or attending one, it’s one of those events that screams SUMMER. Wear your swimsuit (bikini or one-piece) under a light, simple and loose dress that’s easy to remove and put on. Go wild with colors and patterns! If you’re not feeling the dress, wear jeans shorts with a tank top or t-shirt. Bright nail polish on toes and finger nails adds a fun touch also. Don’t forget the sangria and the shades!
3. Girls’ night out.
Hitting the dance floor tonight? Be classy and don’t wear inappropriate clothing. So many people do the error of choosing tight and slutty outfits that don’t flatter their silhouette. I recommend a pencil skirt (a simple black one or one with patterns) and a peplum top (very trendy!) It’s a classic look which is sexy and trendy and it gives a nice figure. I also recommend chic high-waist shorts with a colorful top (royal blue, deep green, orange). Of course, a nice, sexy and simple dress is always a good option for an amazing night! Simple jewelry, lip stick, mascara and.. am I hearing the dance floor call my name?
More Summer Events with Style are coming up! Keep in touch (Share and Like!) with the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sweetnstyleblog and the Instagram account: @beaudrycath
My guy friends are always simple and there to make me laugh even when I’m tired or sad. I’m really lucky to have them and in that gratitude moment, I’m going to share 10 fashion tips you boys, men, guys, whatever you want to call yourself, should follow to be even cuter and hotter…
1. Jeans shirt with a white tee. For a casual day at school or on the weekend, wear a jeans shirt with your sleeves rolled up a little bit and a white v-neck or round-neck (the one your prefer) under. It’s really hot, simple and versatile, so you can wear it a number of times. Button it half way or let it open for the best looks.
2. Robust boots. It’s winter and wearing your converse and snickers in the snow isn’t appropriate. Plus, when your feet are wet don’t tell me you’re comfortable! Put your feet into robust boots inspired by the construction or the military styles. It looks good and you won’t look like a fool with shoes in your feet during freezing weather.
3. Beige pants. For a more polished and preppy look, grab a pair of beige pants! It’s perfect for the spring season ahead and the color goes with absolutely everything. I’ve heard it’s more comfortable than wearing jeans, why not try it then?
4. Big watch. Men aren’t a lot into jewellery, but a nice big watch is a beautiful accessory that adds masculinity to an outfit. There are tons that have some gadgets and different settings, choose the one that you prefer!
5. Knit scarf. Since the weather is cold, show off you have style with a knit scarf in a vibrant color or a beige/gray color. It’s a very cute addition to your look!
6. Marine look. Opt for the marine look, it’s so cute and fresh! Go with a blue and white striped tee or shirt, some loafers and you’re good to chill.
7. A sexy suit. Do you want to impress for a special occasion? A nice sexy suit will make you look handsome! Don’t forget to choose a suit that fits you and ask for help if you’re not sure.
8. Messenger bag. If you want to change from your usual backpack, go for a messenger bag. It’s smart, professional and stylish. Brown, tan, grey or black are neutral colors you should choose from so it can be a classic item in your wardrobe.
9. Grey sweater. There’s something about a grey v-neck sweater that’s just so simple yet so hot. Choose a comfortable fabric and you’ll love this basic shirt.
10. Smile. I know you want to seem like the tough big guy and that what I’m about to say is really cheesy, but the best thing about a guy is when he smiles and that’s when you seem the most handsome possible. So go ahead and smile!